In line with European legislation, Mycore® guarantees that every website user understands what cookies are and why they are used, so that users can consciously decide whether to accept their use or not on their devices.
What are cookies?
Cookies are computer files or partial data that can be saved on your computer (or other devices enabled to browse the Internet, for example Smartphones or tablets) when you visit a site. Usually, a cookie contains the name of the website from which the cookie comes from, its “life span” (i.e. how long it will remain on your device), and a value, which is usually a randomly generated unique number.
What are cookies used for?
What types of cookies do we use?
Cookies can be classified into four categories, based on their functionality:
- Required cookies
- Functional cookies
- Performance cookies
- Cookies for marketing purposes (not used)
The Mycore® site uses only the first three categories of cookies, for which no consent is required.
1. Required cookies: These cookies are essential in order to allow navigation within the website and the use of its features, such as access to some protected areas. Without these cookies, some required features such as site login or the creation of an online shopping cart could not be provided.
2. Functional cookies: These cookies permit the website to remember choices you have made in the past (such as, your username and language, or the geographical area in which you live) in order to optimize and provide more advanced features. These cookies can also be used to provide features you require, such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. This information collected by cookies can be anonymous and must not track the user’s browsing and activities on other websites.
3. Performance cookies: These cookies collect information on how users use the website, for example, which pages are visited more often, and if users receive error messages from these pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a specific visitor. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and, therefore, anonymous. They are used solely to improve website function.
4. Cookies for marketing purposes: We use our and third-party cookies to display personalized advertisements on our and other websites. This activity is called “retargeting”, and is based on a variety of browsing activities, such as destinations you have been looking for, structures you have viewed and prices that have been shown to you. Commercial cookies may also be used by third parties to show their products and services on our site.
How can I check or delete cookies?
Most Internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies automatically. You can change these settings to block cookies or to warn you that cookies are being sent to your device. There are several ways to manage cookies. Please refer to the instruction manual or the help screen of your browser to find out how to adjust or change your browser settings.
Disabling cookies used by this site may adversely affect your browsing experience; for example, you may not be able to visit certain sections or receive personalized information when you visit the site.
If you use different devices to view and access Internet sites (for example, computers, Smartphones, tablets, etc.), you will need to make sure that each browser on each device is adjusted to reflect your cookie preferences.
How long do cookies remain archived?
– Temporary cookies: We use temporary session cookies on all our secure pages to assign a session ID to the user and store it so as to allow uninterrupted navigation between the areas of our site. This session ID is also used for internal reporting purposes, does not allow personal identification and leaves no recoverable information on the user’s hard drive. Almost all the displayed website cookies are session cookies whose activity ends when the Internet browser is closed.
– Persistent cookies: Analytical and third-party cookies are persistent as they are used to identify the patterns followed by long-term visitors and to provide the additional features required in relation to the personalization of the site and the contents saved or stored. They can remain stored on the user’s computer for 24 hours, a week or years, depending on the function they are contributing to.
By continuing to use our Website, you give your consent to the installation of our cookies on your device. If the user does not wish to receive the cookies required for the use of our Website, he/she must:
– change the browser settings to partially or totally block cookies
– stop using our Website
To learn more about Italian law on cookies, consult the following resource: Regulations for the protection of personal details (http://www.garanteprivacy.it/web/guest/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/2142939).